Friday, May 29, 2009

A Necessary Step

I am ready to take a Big Step! For the past several years I have served as a Child Care Health Consultant in the Healthy Child Care Ohio program at Nationwide Children's Hospital. It has been a wonderful opportunity! I am very thankful for friendships made, skills acquired and insights gained. For the past few months I have sensed that I need to put all my time and effort toward Chloe's Place. I'll be making that transition mid-June.

I did not make the decision lightly or without careful planning. My husband supports this step of faith, I know that is a blessing in itself. We are trusting that we will be able to raise adequate support for Chloe's Place by the end of the year enabling us to have salaried staff. At that time I will have an income again.

Today I ran into a dear friend from my 'community health nurse' days. I was so encouraged by her response to my brief description of Chloe's Place! She interacts with young single moms daily in her work ... she knows the impact we will be able to make.

No comments: