Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes I get really perplexed...
  • When circumstances disappoint.
  • With red tape, complex laws, and legal codes
  • When I read that there are 8x more animal shelters in our community than for human victims of abuse.
  • When my heart knows for sure...but words fail me
  • That good work must have substantial funds to operate
Sometimes I am simply overjoyed...
  • When I meet someone whose heart is bent and priorities set toward justice and service
  • When my young teen granddaughter expresses interest in Chloe's Place.
  • When we receive thoughtful notes or gifts toward the work.
  • When someone joins in our work.
  • When I envision Chloe's Place... fully operational
Sometimes I get really sad...
  • When people do not value our work
  • When I allow impatience to raise doubt
  • When I focus on how quickly time passes, how much work is yet ahead, and aging.
Sometimes I get really angry...
  • When seeing another demeaned or threatened
  • At dishonesty... abuse... and hypocrisy
  • When reading an account of yet another woman whose report of abuse was ignored.
  • In competing for limited grant funds; knowing how the funds are actually used by some 'esteemed' organizations.
Sometimes I get really hopeful...
  • When I learn of new technology that will help to communicate our needs and services.
  • When I ponder inspired writings
  • When I learn of other services for vulnerable, fragile moms and children
  • When I recall those who have promised to pray for Chloe's Place everyday.
  • When I remember that Chloe's Place is not mine alone

No comments: