Friday, May 1, 2009

Progress Report

Establishing a new program having the depth and breadth of Chloe's Place takes a long time!
We have been researching, planning and networking for the past 15 months. There have been times of exciting progress and other times that require patient waiting. During the 'waiting' times, I actually remain quite busy.
Lately I have been working on Policies for Chloe's Place. We have the incredible advantage of having permission to adapt the Hope House of Colorado policies. Beyond that I have studied various regulations specific to Ohio residential programs and reviewed health and safety specific policies. Yesterday I completed the first draft of Chloe's Place Policy Manual. It is about 30 pages long and will be expanded a bit.
Today I have enjoyed spending most of the afternoon and evening designing a PowerPoint presentation that will be used to introduce groups to our work. I am happy with how it looks, now I just have script it, so other members of our leadership team can present it.
Last night I enjoyed an evening celebrating the work being done at The Women's Clinic of Columbus. The event was well attended, I hope they raised funds to meet the goals they had set. I met with TWC Executive Director a few weeks ago. TWC is all about helping women through the difficult transition of accepting an unplanned pregnancy. They offer free pregnancy test and ultrasounds. Peer coaches help their clients explore their options and walk them through the process. Part of the program included an introduction of several young women and their newborns who were helped by TWC in the past few months. My heart was touched by their stories. I was elated to think that we will soon have the capacity to help young women that need help toward self-sufficiency after their babies are born!

No comments: