Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter's Blast


I am glad that the winter blast that has brought our community to a near standstill doesn't need to hinder the work of Chloe's Place.

This week I submitted an article that Lisa Steven and I wrote for InSpirit magazine. This magazine is part of the Women Ministry organization of the Evangelical Covenant Church. I am so pleased to have the opportunity to share of our vision and work with such a large caring audience. The article will likely be in the issue that comes out in March.

Great progress is being made toward finding the 'home', office, and classroom space we need to launch Chloe's Place. Recently I met with the Missions Pastor of a local church that has what seems to be, the ideal location for our ministry. I was greatly encouraged after meeting with Pastor Kevin; his heart is filled with compassion and our thinking seemed to be in sync regarding the potential for our Chloe's Place ministry. He shared our proposal with his Mission Team; they too responded as we hoped they would. There are many details to be worked out and the buildings need renovated to meet our needs... God will make a way.

Here are a few other tidbits...
  • I have a meeting next week with a church leader who heard of our work and wants to learn more so their church can become involved.
  • A co-worker has been providing me with some names of people in a variety of professions and positions that may be helpful connections for us to make.
  • I have about 200 contacts (family units) entered into our new software. (If you want to be on our mailing list/email list, please send me your contact info)
  • John is setting up the book keeping system to merge with that same new software
  • I submitted a proposal for a $25,000.00 grant. If awarded, that money will be used for furnishings and equipment for Chloe's Place house and learning lab.
  • I am working on a much larger grant proposal; I plan to submit it early in February, if not before.

No comments: