Friday, October 17, 2008

Chloe's Place Teams

By April of 2008 plans for Chloe's Place were swirling in my brain. So much to do. So much to learn. So much help needed! I credit my friend Ruth O. with encouraging the first priority to be establishing an Intercessory Prayer team. I knew for certain that I had no desire or energy to make wrong choices or plans that would lead us to meander down paths of indecision. Ruth O. sought people who embraced our vision and the power of prayer. It only took her a couple of weeks to establish the Chloe's Place Intercessory Prayer Team. The team members are committed to praying for the design, location, staff and women and children we will serve. They pray for the ministry of Chloe's Place every single day!

Our next step was to convene a work group with expertise needed to define and design the ministry we would offer to young women and their children. Ruth O. agreed to stay connected and serve as the liaison between the planners and the prayers.

Marie O. is a dear friend for the past 20 years. She has a tender heart bent toward leading women to health and wholeness. Marie has her MBA and recently completed seminary studies and a Master's degree in counseling.

Knowing we would need legal counsel, I missed my friend, Dave Chilcoat. Dave was generous in his counsel and encouragement through the early days of CHLOE. Sadly, Dave passed away in 2006. Once again, God was faithful and brought Megan R. to our awareness. Megan is a delightful young attorney with a personal passion for the work. She brings energy, expertise, and far reaching connections.

One of the first people that came to mind when I pondered assembling such a design team was Kelly W. We had worked together years ago, but had lost contact for the past 6 years. I recalled her incredible gifts including leadership and vision, I hoped I could find her current address. A few days later we literally ran into each other at Nationwide Children's Hospital. I had only a couple of minutes to tell her about the vision for Chloe's Place but knew by the end of our conversation that Kelly would be on board. She is. We are Chloe's Place Foundation Building Team.

I hope that each of these women will share their hearts and thoughts in this blog, as time passes.

No comments: